The 8 Best Essential Oils for Acne
Essential oils can gift your skin the much-needed radiance. But, people who are prone to acne should carefully select the best essential oils for acne prone skin. The best essential oils for skin will remove the excess sebum and reduce the redness and swelling that comes with this unpleasant skin condition called acne.
Although it affects almost everybody at a certain point, acne can be very difficult to control and can appear on the face, shoulders, back and even along the neckline.
To avoid this skin disorder, the skin has to be well cleansed, while maintaining a proper hydration level. The sebum acts as a way of treating and protecting the skin, but in larger quantities, it has the opposite effect and leads to clogged up pores that irritate the complexion. Inflammation, pain and itchiness are the common symptoms of acne.
The best essential oil for acne will remove the dirt and even the tone of the skin. This will help clean the pores and destroy bacteria that can also infect the tissue around the pimples.
The Best Brands That Produce Essential Oils
This company provides quality oils that have been distilled from herbs harvested just at the right time. Each essential oil is tested for quality and has therapeutic properties. Since they are highly effective, doterra for acne products have had great results.
The company has years of experience when it comes to extraction techniques, and offers an assortment of oils, like doterra oil for acne or a kit that will ensure the health of your skin. Doterra acne essential oils fight the bacteria while maintaining a hydrated complexion.
The process of extraction involves pressurized steam that extracts the essential oils and carries them. The oil is collected after it separates naturally from the water.
2. Young Living
They produce high-quality essential oils since 1993 and also offer guarantees. They do not rebottle and ensure customer loyalty by providing a refund or exchange if the client isn't satisfied with the purchase.
Young Living essential oils are great for a number of skin disorders, such as dermatitis, psoriasis or acne vulgaris.
To ensure that the extract meets the quality level required, Young Living monitors the chemical composition closely and balances the pressure and temperature. Heat and pressure are two of the elements that can affect the essential oil's properties, so the experts have to handle every aspect of the extraction with care.
3. Edens Garden
With over 150 types of essential oils, Edens Garden takes pride in their product line. All the oils are bottled in glass amber containers that offer better preservation for the ingredients. Also, their essential oils are 100% pure and are additive free.
The care put in the handling of the plants is their declaration of a quality product extracted only at the perfect time for harvesting. This ensures the efficiency of the essential oil and its beneficial properties for the skin and body.
Top Essential Oils for Acne
The best essential oil for acne destined for your skin type should be a quality product that meets the demands of the distillation process and isn't made with chemical preservatives or additives.
Extreme cases of acne can lead to a serious skin condition and even permanent scars. So, in order to treat the problem efficiently, use one or more of the best essential oils for acne listed below.
1. Tea tree essential oil
This essential oil for acne penetrates the skin and treats the problem by drying out pimples and unblocking sebaceous glands.
- Disinfects pores
- Cleanses whiteheads and blackheads
- It has soothing properties
- It doesn't eliminate the natural oils of the skin
- A small amount will clear away blemishes, spots or zits
2. Lavender essential oil
Rich in antioxidants, lavender oil will nourish the skin while treating it and preventing further outbreaks. It can also reduce scars or spots caused by acne
- Its antimicrobial properties make it a great aid against bacteria
- It heals dry skin and nourishes it
- It promotes a radiant and natural glow of the skin
- Used regularly, it will even the skin tone
- It is highly efficient in eliminating dark spots or scars
3. Lemon essential oil
Using lemon oil for acne is recommended for cleansing the skin from toxins and rejuvenating it. With powerful anti-microbial properties, lemon oil fights skin disorders and restores the health of the complexion. Lemon essential oil for acne is known to cleanse the pores, and due to being an astringent, it eliminates the bacteria that has contaminated the complexion.
- It contains antiseptic properties
- The citric acid acts as a natural exfoliant that strips the skin of dead skin cells
- It balances the skin's pH levels
- It diminishes the pain and redness
- Due to the L-ascorbic acid, it will shrink the pores
- It dries the pimples
- It stops breakouts by supplying the skin with vitamin C
4. Chamomile essential oil
Chamomile has a calming effect on our body. It can also be used to treat inflammatory conditions. This natural remedy will reduce the redness and help treat the affected area.
- It can lighten dark spots
- It reduces acne scars
- It will prevent future breakouts
- It is suitable for all skin types
5. Juniper berry essential oil
Essential oils for face such as the Juniper berry oil will detox the skin and protect it against toxins that may cause the acne to develop. It includes p-cymene, alpha-pinene, and beta-pinene, all compounds known for their antibacterial properties.
- It boosts the immune system
- It fights free radicals that can damage the skin
- It heals irritations and infections
- It has antimicrobial and antibacterial abilities
6. Frankincense essential oil
It's a great essential oil that can be used by people who have acne-prone skin. As a natural toner, frankincense oil decreases the size of the pores and can even the skin tone.
- It supports cell growth
- It tightens the skin, so it helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- It alleviates the discomfort of dry skin
- It soothes chapped skin
- It has a revitalizing effect
- It can be used on all types of skin
7. Geranium essential oil
This product will regulate the production of sebum and improve the health of the skin by restoring its elasticity. By increasing the circulation, it speeds up the healing process and treats dermatitis, eczema, and acne.
- It prevents the formation of wrinkles
- It heals spots, blemishes or dark spots
- It is a great antioxidant that heals minor abrasions
- As an antibacterial agent, it destroys bacteria that cause acne
8. Patchouli essential oil
By promoting the growth of new skin cells, patchouli essential oil is great for aging skin that needs a boost. It's an effective treatment for dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, and other skin conditions that affect the tissue and can leave marks.
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- It has antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties
- It acts as an astringent and decreases the size of the pores while cleaning them
- It speeds up the healing process
Benefits of Using Essential Oils for Acne
- They protect the skin from bacteria
- They treat the skin disorder without using damaging chemicals
- They have natural anti-inflammatory properties
- The antioxidants form a barrier that fights bacteria
- They alleviate the pain, swelling, while reducing the redness.
The best essential oils for skin will first cleanse the skin of dirt and treat the bacteria that produce Acne vulgaris. They act as an astringent to reduce the pores and prevent further outbreaks to erupt while keeping the skin hydrated.