Best Face Mask For Acne Prone Skin – 2017 Expert Reviews & Picks
People prefer the best face masks for acne prone skin for their ability to give them fast, concentrated treatments for breakouts and acne. The best face masks for acne do not get fully absorbed by the skin unlike serums, oils or moisturizers. They are best left sitting on the skin surface for a good period of time, from 20 minutes to overnight.
Face masks have the unique ability to draw of impurities and oil from the skin. Immediately after you wash the face mask off, you’ll feel that your skin now is more supple and softer than before.
What Are Good Masks For Acne Prone Skin Treatment?
Most face masks that fight acne have their unique combination of ingredients but the most common one out of them all is their ability to absorb oil and dirt from the skin pores. Oily skin is most susceptible to an attack of acne due to breakouts or clogged pore.
There are other characteristics of acne face masks which are:
- If you’re someone with extra oily skin, then you’ll benefit a lot of mud or clay masks which soak up all that oil and leaves you with radiant skin.
- If Gloss are to be believed, the 2 most important components of packs that fight acne are bentonite and sulfur due in large part to their anti-microbial ability. You can read more here:
- A majority of the people who are fighting acne have oily skin. Only a few have other problems. Mattifying masks are meant to help those people that have perennially oily skin.
- Another important source of skin health, Shape, states that glycolic acid is another important component that helps people fight skin acne. What this does is improve skin texture and makes skin look and feel better. If you ever had an acne attack you’d know how important this is. Find more info here:
- Before you start off with using a skin mask, you need to make sure that your skin is okay with it. Testing a small portion of your skin before you go all in can help you understand your skin and save you a face full of red itchy skin.
Review Of Top 11 Masks For Getting Rid Of Acne-Prone Skin
In the current scheme of things, face masks are a very important component in the beauty world. There are several brands out there that it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for you. read more to find out how you can choose the best acne facemask that can help your skin out.
1. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores
Best Face Mask for Acne Prone Skin
Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores has charcoal-activated elements that get impurities that are deeply lodged in the skin.
Components that have inherent problems like Parabens and others that trash your skin are not found here. Activated ingredients in this pack make a world of a difference when it comes to drawing out impurities.
Getting rid of harmful toxins and other agents that clog the skin’s pores cab be beneficial for you in the long run and can even show up in just a few uses in some cases.
The most important component of today that can cleanse the skin and remove acne is charcoal. The ingredients in this face mask include charcoal, white china clay and lecithin.
- Doesn’t contain any dangerous Parabens, sulphates or phthalates.
- The high charcoal content means that it pull out whatever is clogging your skins’ pores.
- White china absorbs toxins that are found in the skin
- Lecithin has the ability to break down impurities into simpler substances
- Some people can get dry skin from these masks this has more to do with extra sensitive skin rather than the mask itself.
- A few people have felt that it tightens the skin so much that is feels extremely uncomfortable.
- In a few other cases, it might take a really long time for the mask to dry out.
2. Boscia Cool Blue Calming Masque
Best Peel Off Mask For Acne
A unique peel-off mask, Boscia Cool Blue Calming Masque comes with cooling elements that calm your skin.
The included ingredient Sea Whip is one of the world’s leading anti-inflammatory ingredients. Willow herb is another ingredient that it has which can smooth your skin complexion and get rid of redness that occurs sometimes.
Most times, acne-prone skin has a tendency to get irritating and some cases, painful as well. There isn’t any tingling sensations which is ideal for people who are finding it difficult with tingling masks.
Granted, it might take a little bit of an effort to peel it off but that also means that it is pretty effective at unclogging your skin’s pores.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties can help soothe acne ridden skin.
- Reduces soreness and redness significantly.
- Aloe vera provides a healing touch to acne-prone skin
- People feel that this should have even more tingling because they associate this being tingly to working well.
- Can be difficult to peel off if left on the skin for long duration.
- It is difficult to peel or wash it off when it comes down to it.
3. Bliss Multi-’Face’-Eted All-In-One Anti-Aging Clay Mask
Best Anti-Aging Clay Mask For Acne
The multifunctional Bliss Multi-’Face’-Eted All-In-One Anti-Aging Clay Mask made from mineral clay is for people who want a smoother, younger looking skin which can resist common disorders like acne.
This clay mask offers a solution to several skin problems that are common among people like acne, wrinkles, dark spots and signs of aging. We’ve found that it works excellently against people who suffer from acne and aging. Since it works on multiple fronts it can help you do both at the same time.
The ingredients of this mask help cleanse pores and scrub off dead skin off your face. Potentially dangerous ingredients that are not recommended by dermatologists are avoided completely like for example, sulphates.
- This mask is not just effective against acne but also numerous other common skin problems, inclusing aging, fine lines and dark spots.
- The presence of glycolic acid works to dissolve and prevent further buildup dead skin cells and cleans out pores.
- Does not have Parabens, sulphates or phthalates.
- Few customers complain of a grey tint after washing it off.
- People have claimed that they needed to exfoliate after taking the mask off to remove it from their pores.
- Other people with oily skin have found it particularly challenging to remove the mask.
4. Joanna Vargas Skincare Exfoliating Mask
Best Exfoliating Mask for Acne
The Joanna Vargas Skincare Exfoliating Mask works best for people with a whitehead or blackhead problems. It works to clean them away as well as other impurities under the skin easily and effectively.
Another mask in this round up which has multiple functions with regards to skin health additionally, it also improves your skin’s complexion. It has other ingredients that work to scrub away dead skin and further smoothens your face. A clay ingredient present in the mask cleans your pores of impurities and other undesirable components.
If you are someone on a budget, the price of the mask might be a bit out of your reach. But if you can stretch a little bit and get it, it’s highly recommended that you do. It might just be the right key to unlock your acne free skin.
- Apart from clearing out acne, this mask exfoliates tightening and brightening your skin.
- The mask combats your dead skin problem with fruit enzymes and lactic acid.
- Kaloin clay works magically well to cleanse skin of impurities and clean pores.
- People with sensitive skin need to test it first before you buy it.
- Few customers felt that it wasn’t just worth it from a price/performance perspective.
- Skin that is not used to masks will have some issues after using this exfoliating mask.
5. Clinique Acne Solutions Oil-Control Cleansing Mask
Best Oil-Control Cleansing Mask for Acne
Natural clay present in the Clinique Acne Solutions Oil-Control Cleansing Mask can help heal acne and prevent breakout on your face in the future. According to directions, it only needs to stay 5 minutes on your skin for it to work.
Since this is non-drying and pretty gentle on your skin, it won’t irritate like most products in the roundup. Since it’s also oil-free, it suits a variety of skin types inclosing dry, oily or a combination of both.
This is the ideal solution if you want to heal blemishes and acne prone skin. Since this absorbs all the oiliness out of the face, your skin will look supple and soft. This proven formula is also medicated, which makes it ideal for people with stubborn and hard to treat skin problems.
- Most people who’ve used it feel that their skin condition feels soothed and a lot better.
- It absorbs excess oil from people with oily skin giving them a shine-free appearance
- It’s a medicated formula and can penetrate deep into your skin
- People with dry skin have complained that this mask dries skin much more than the others and they need to use a moisturizer afterwards.
- Response to the formula may grow weaker the more frequently you use it.
- People with acne have felt that it irritates their skin and causes flakes to appear.
6. Skin Ceuticals Clarifying Clay Masque
Best Clarifying Clay Mask for Acne Prone Skin
The Skin Ceuticals Clarifying Clay Masque which has been formulated to clear up acne-infested skin has all natural ingredients that can increase skin health.
Clay and other natural elements help smoothen skin and cleanse it of impurities. We have found that clay works best when combating skin acne.
It also has several ingredients that can heal and soothe skin that has been subjected to extreme acne. It also works as a gentle exfoliator to further clean your pores out.
It is gentle enough so you can apply this mask on a weekly basis. It doesn’t need that much a commitment and is a simple way to rid yourself of acne. It doesn’t have to be left on overnight and hence making this even less of a worry.
- Uses completely natural clay in its ingredients.
- A healing mixture of botanicals and minerals will help your skin.
- Hydroxyl acid acts as a gentle exfoliator.
- This weekly application mask may not be adequate for people with more serious acne problems.
- Needs to be left alone on the skin for 30 minutes which is a lot longer than other masks.
- Not everyone gets benefitted by this mask, doesn’t work for everyone.
7. Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Masque
Best Sebum Clearing Mask for Acne
Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Masque supposedly clears and cleanses out your skin and prevents future breakouts. The ingredients in the formula do their part to absorb excess oil which makes it ideal for people who have oily skin. It might not be as effective on people with dry or sensitive type skin.
Its slightly acidic nature prevents clogging in your skin and exfoliates your pores. It is ultra-effective as a spot treatment and people are sharing experiences of having to just use a dab of the mask as soon as they feel a pimple about to break out.
You can feel free to use the mask several times a week which can get rid of stubborn problems on your skin that needs a lot of attention.
- The ingredients bentonite clay and kaolin absorb excessive oil
- Salicylic acid unclogs and exfoliates your pores.
- Can use it as a quick fix to prevent pimples popping up.
- Can use this mask upto thrice a week for good results
- It might breakout on some people.
- Some people have reported flesh colored bumps after using this formula
8. Apivita Express Beauty Mask with Pomegranate
Best Express Beauty Mask for Acne
Like its namesake, this formula contains pomegranate and is considered one of the better ways to treat acne ridden skin. It restores the lost sheen and luster of your skin post acne affliction. Apivita Express Beauty Mask with Pomegranate works to keep your skin radiant.
Since it’s packaged in pretty compact dimensions, you can easily carry it around when you’re travelling. The mask in packaged in separate packets so you don’t have to worry about contents drying out because of being stored. A single package can be used 12 times.
This formula does not contain any harmful Parabens, GMOs or sulphates. It substitutes green tea infusion instead of water helps increase antioxidants for your skin’s benefit. It is purported to have 89% natural ingredients.
- This is a mask which is suitable for dry skin acne treatments.
- It comes in smaller pouches which are convenient to carry around.
- It will moisturize and refresh your skin’s complexion.
- If you prefer masks that peel off, this isn’t for you.
- This is an overnight mask, so it will take time to work.
- This is an odor free mask, not for people who prefer scented products.
9. Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
Best Mud Mask For Acne
Known for creating eco-friendly products that are effective as well, Glamglow has come up with this clearing mask which they say unclogs the hardest blocked pores.
Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment has been tested scientifically and proven to get rid of acne on your skin and give you a healthy and glowing face. The dermatologists at Glamglow have come up with the best combination of ingredients to give you the ultimate in acne removal and treatment of various other skin problems.
Another important ingredient it has is Activated X-Charcoal which is an essential cleansing agent which rid your skin of impurities that can get trapped in the pores. Charcoal is an active ingredient that can keep your skin healthy.
- This formula fights acne and also smoothens various other problems with your skin.
- It blends six gentle, beneficial acids that work together to give you better skin.
- Charcoal can clear your skin and pores to give you healthy looking skin.
- It is priced high and out of reach of some people.
- There have been some complaints about the product dry out easily when not used.
- People feel that it dries out skin.
10. Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque Acne Treatment Masque
Best Sulfur Mask for Acne Prone Skin
Peter Thomas Roth introduces the Therapeutic Sulfur Masque Acne Treatment Masque which works on most types of skin including oily. It is basically an oil absorbing mask that cleanses pores with its therapeutic ingredients.
Its ingredients consist of sulfur, aloe, kaolin and clay to help you get closer to skin quality you’ve always wanted. It has the added scent of natural eucalyptus and purified clay to help make it smell awesome.
This mask is medicated and so can be useful for a variety of skin afflictions. This can also work on difficult to remove acne problems but might not work with well very dry or sensitive skin.
This can give you clear skin and the presence of aloe leaves leave your skin feeling soft and hydrated and will not make it dry and itchy unlike other masks.
- It has 10% sulfur which can clear up acne.
- Aloe vera soothes the kin while Kaolin and bentonite clay purify it.
- Fantastic mask for people who want a beauty product that is also medicated.
- Medicated masks don’t suit sensitive skin types.
- People have found that it can’t be applied right after cleansing rather it needs to be applied when skin is oily which makes it a bit more tedious and complicated.
- Some users have complained of flakiness of the skin when used overall and must be used as spot cleansing.
11. Pure Body Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask
Best Natural Facial Mud Mask for Acne and Breakouts
Using dead sea mud for acne is a treatment that has been used by women for decades. The Pure Body Naturals Dead sea mud mask for acne produces visible results in as little as 10 minutes. This will make your skin look more hydrated and fresh after just one use.
This dead sea mud acne mask fights and prevents breakouts and also has several long term benefits. When used over a period of time, this dead sea mud mask acne treatment also visibly fades signs of aging.
This mask is packed with beneficial ingredients such as jojoba oil and other nourishing essential oils. It also helps with blackheads and can brighten tired skin. Additionally, this mask is an excellent treatment for cellulite as it stimulates blood flow and gets rid of toxins.
- This dead sea acne mask is 100% Natural and mineral infused
- It contains a high concentration of sodium and magnesium mud, which are beneficial for skin.
- It is Suitable for use on both face and body.
- May not be suitable for people with very sensitive skin
- People with more serious acne problems, should consider medicated treatments as this mask may not suit their skin
These face masks are what we found to be the best ones from word of mouth of the customers. There are many available that come tailored exactly to your needs. This guide covers most of the popular ones that are used.
If you have more that you are willing to share, please feel free to let us know in the comments below!