The Best Foundation for Large Pores (2017 Top Reviews)
When it comes to natural beauty, one of the problems encountered by women is having large pores and getting the best foundation for large pores. Pores are usually located in your cheeks, chin areas, and more often, around your nose. These may be barely visible at first, but over time, they enlarge maybe because of aging, skin damage, excessive production of oil, or genetics.
For these reasons, you might not be able to do anything to make them look smaller. However, you can actually apply some beauty products like foundation to cover these pores. As long as you choose the right products, you would not have any problem in the end. Using the best foundation for large pores will help you achieve a flawless appearance on your face.
Must-Have Best Foundations for Large Pores
The following are among the best foundations for large pores which are very-well known and are available as of the moment. However, it is best to consult your preferred dermatologists before buying and using any one or two of these products.
1. PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer
This product has a fine texture which makes it easy to apply. It fills large pores and it also brightens your skin.
2. NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
One of the best foundations for large pores and wrinkles is the one by NARS as it provides excellent shade that results to a natural look, making you more exceptional.
3. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Makeup
It easily blends and has a lightweight formula, providing you a silky and flawless look.
These are just few of the available products, but there are more choices to choose from. You can browse for the best foundation for large pores 2017 and check reviews to help you find the perfect choice.
Your Guide to Hiding Large Pores With the Best Foundations
As a start, there are some reminders on the type of foundations you should use. You should not consider the following when you buy foundation for large pores:
Creamy or Matte-finish Liquid Foundations: This type of foundation will only make your skin oily. If you have large pores, this will also tend to clog pores. In addition, liquid-based foundation will only dry up your skin and further enhance your wrinkles, if you have any.
Light-reflecting Foundations: If you use this, your pores will only look bigger.
Instead, opt for powder foundation. Why? Well, using mineral powder after applying your makeup primer will result in a face with a smoothened surface. This mineral powder only lies on the surface and does not set into your pores. Aside from these, it is also moisture-absorbent which makes it the best foundation for oily skin large pores.
Three Main Reasons why you Should opt for Powder Foundation
- Do you have acne? Well, the reason behind that is because of the clogged pores on your face. Avoid having clogged pores by applying powder foundation most especially when you have oily skin. If you opt to use liquid or creamy type of foundation, then you will definitely increase your acne problem as it will only result to more clogged pores.
- One important reason to consider using powder foundation as the best foundation for large pores is that it is easier to apply on your skin and it also looks light. Creamy or liquid foundations is quite difficult to apply on your skin, and it will also increase your acne problem.
- You might want to remove the excess oil from your face. But, how? Well, powder foundation is the key to your problem. The advantage of powder foundations is that it easily absorbs extra oil unlike liquid or creamy foundations which only give worse results. Powder foundations also help in preventing acne.
If your face is oily, then opt for powder foundations to get the best results. Your sensitive or acne-prone skin should be taken care of gently. Provide extreme care for your face whenever you wash it and apply moisturizer.
Choosing Powder Foundation
When choosing powder or mineral foundation as pore minimizer foundation, you can opt for pressed or loose form. If you wish to achieve a full and better coverage, then you should opt for pressed powder as the best foundation for large pores. On the other hand, if you prefer a lighter and softer look, then getting a loose powder foundation would be a great option.
Having decided on which type of powder foundation you will use, the next thing to consider is picking the perfect shade that would match your skin color. You can actually find out through the following:
- You can choose the best shade by applying your best pore minimizing foundation between your wrist and thumb.
- Another way is to apply foundation on the jawline which is near your neck.
Properly Applying Your Powder Foundation
With your chosen type of powder foundation, you need to prepare yourself on how would you apply it on your face and get the best makeup for big pores. The first thing to do is wash your face. Then, apply a makeup primer on your entire face. On the other hand, if your face has pimples and under eye circles, you can also apply a small amount of concealer so that you can hide them.
Minimizing Large Pores
One way to minimize the size of your pores is through exfoliation and applying the best foundation for mature skin with large pores. If your skin is oily, you can simply use a salicylic acid or glycolic acid cleanser for wiping your face. However, if you have a normal skin type, then just brush and scrub your face with an exfoliation glove or nubby washcloth which is damp.
Aside from pore minimizing foundation, you can use nose strips which are intended to purify pores in order for you to remove oil and dirt from your pores, and make them look smaller. Make sure to choose strips containing witch hazel which is known to have a tightening ingredient.