The 3 Moisturizers That Contain Sunscreen
The best moisturizers with SPF are non-greasy, light and do not clog pores. They offer various SPF levels, provide skin with optimal hydration and are formulated for various skin types. The key to good skin health is one: to keep your skin hydrated all the time and two: to keep sun away from it. These are 2 things that have come to be the accepted norm when it comes to skin care. And skin care experts are always coming up with new and improved ways of combining the two.
But as difficult as you think it is to find a good product for your needs, it’s pretty easy when you know where to look.
If you are one of those people who take your breakfast with you in the car due to lack of time, then you can skin on applying sunscreen when you apply these moisturizing lotions that combine the best parts of both products.
The moisturizers that we have rounded up here are pretty effective at hydration and sun protection. They are much lighter than other skin creams and help your skin breathe easily.
Are There Advantages To Combining Moisturizer And Sunscreen?
- When you apply a moisturizer that has an SPF of 15 or higher, it reduces the absorption of harmful UV rays that can create various complications on your skin and even skin cancer.
- It also contains skin essentials which work to keeping your skin healthy and supple by replenishing its supply of keratin and elastin while also being protected from the sun.
- This simple step can enable you to protect your skin and keep it from getting sunburnt while also maintain moisture levels.
- Another advantage is that there is no chance of you forgetting to apply sunscreen when you are going with the moisturizer.
- You can forget about worrying to layer your makeup as it all comes in one formula so no need to worry.
- Most sunscreens feel heavy on the skin and blocks out pores which means there are chances of pimples breakout. But combined with a moisturizer, it can be lighter while providing almost the same level of protection.
Do Some Ingredients Work Better Than Others?
- When it comes to ingredients, there is a huge variety which is used in sunscreens today.
- One type is “physical blockers” which includes Zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. These are normally found in mineral sunscreens while reflecting rays away from the skin.
- The second type is “chemical blockers” which comprises of oxybenzone, which absorbs ultraviolet rays and keeps them from penetrating your skin.
- Of these the most popular that most dermatologists prefer is zinc oxide and titanium dioxide because they provide broad range of protection against UV rays and don’t break down as easily as other ingredients.
Moisturizers With Sunscreen Reviews
1. The Naked Bee - Vitamin C Facial Moisturizer SPF 30
Best Moisturizer with SPF
Most times there are situations that you may have to sacrifice quality and a fresh scent for sun protection, but definitely not here.
The Naked Bes is lightweight, non-greasy and you can also apply a layer of makeup over it without any problems.
The added positive with this cream is that it contains vitamin C which is a potent anti-oxidant which protects the skin by getting rid of free radicalization as a result of ultra violet rays from the sun. it also has collagen.
Since 70%of the formulation is composed of organic ingredients as it is great for people with sensitive skin and doesn’t cause inflation that easily.
The product gives you value for money as it is affordably priced and comes with added sunscreen.
- Vitamin-C content
- Free from Parabens
- SPF 30, good protection
- Not fully natural
- Comes in small 2.5 ounce bottle
- Some prefer odor free
2. Neutrogena Age Shield Face Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum
Best Face Shield Moisturizer Lotion with SPF
For men that require a high quality, basic lotion that gives them more sun protection than the rest they can opt for Neutrogena Age Shield Face Lotion with an extreme SPF of about 110.
It’s never easy to find something that offers great coverage and with a lightweight moisturizer which comes at this price point, but this moisturizer ticks all the boxes.
This moisturizer is great for those days out of town, travelling to places you know you're going to catch a lot of harsh sun.
There are plenty of reviews which state that while there are several screen moisturizers that didn’t do the job, this one managed to literally save the day for them.
If you need good coverage for those long trips then you need more than just one bottle of this because this comes in just a 3 oz bottle which can easily run out.
Some people may be sensitive to fragrances and this lotion comes unscented which would be suitable for them. Another advantage is that it’s also water proof and hence won’t wash off at the beach.
- Extremely good sun protection
- Water resistant
- Easy to find locally
- Uses chemicals to block UV rays
- Not many natural ingredients
3. Beauty by Earth's Facial Sunscreen
Best Facial Sunscreen Moisturizer with SPF
Beauty by Earth's Facial Sunscreen is a moisturizer that has a silky soft texture and is absorbed by the skin easily leaving behind a pleasant fragrance.
All the natural properties of natural oils that are beneficial for the skin like argan, jojoba and coconut are all present in the added accessibility of a pump bottle.
This organic lotion is very thin and is suitable for all skin tones.
This being devoid of any harmful chemicals, you are assured of getting the best protection without doing harm to your skin.
Even though the lotion is expensive when compared to other moisturizers, it does offer good benefits despite the price tag. It gives you a pretty high quality product that you don’t have to hesitate to recommend to friends or family.
While numbers-wise this can be a bit low, with an SPF of 20, it might not be your best option when you are considering going out to catch the sun a bit longer.
Regardless, if you are looking for a light moisturizer that you can use every day, this will be more than enough for your needs.
- Almost completely natural
- Can use daily without problems
- Contains Zinc oxide
- Pump bottle is handy
- It’s expensive
- SPF rating is low
If you were in the market for a sunscreen that can either be your daily use lotion, ultra strong water resistant trip moisturizer or a full-fledged skin nourishment agent with adequate protection, then you can pick one of them here.
Although, based on several factors like value, quality of ingredients and sun protection offered, The Naked Bee comes out as the best option for your money.
We are big fans of moisturizers that contain Vitamin C as it is great for the skin and it just can’t be overlooked.
Another aspect is that The Naked Bee is gentle enough so you can use it on all kinds of skin even sensitive.
Generally, people normally assume that they only need protection during dry spells or winters, but this isn’t true at all. Regardless of the season, moisturizers are always required for keeping your skin hydrated. Plus the added sunscreen means that it is away from the sun as well.