12 Best Primers for Acne Prone Skin
When looking for the best primer for acne prone skin, you need to read a lot of reviews like this one. And if you have skin thats prone to acne, you need to make sure that you’re using primer for acne prone skin. Selecting a good primer is important because the product is in contact on your skin throughout the day. For skin that is prone to acne, some old primer will not do the trick.
It is not only about preventing acne from reappearing, but it is also reducing the effects of previous breakouts. A primer should be helpful in reducing and controlling scars, redness, and oiliness. For skin affected by acne, you have to find a product which has ingredients that is suitable for your skin type.
Acne is one of the most predominant skin problems in the world today. And yet, not many people are aware of how acne get around this quickly. Basically, what happens is that your sebaceous glands go into overdrive and begins to trap dirt in your pores. The leads to septic conditions and hence acne problems on the skin.
Selecting A Primer That Is Suitable For Acne Prone Skin
Oiliness and dryness are the most frequent problems faced by people affected by acne. Due to this, finding the best face primer which suits for your particular needs becomes difficult.
The first step is to check out the ingredients. You should avoid purchasing products that have added oils, fragrances, and harsh chemicals as they might cause discomfort to skin and block pores that lead to breakouts. You can also find the best primers for oily skin.
A primer will help you to reduce the acne and remedy the affected area and will also help your makeup stay longer.
12 Best Primers for Acne Prone Skin
We have gathered a list of 10 best face primers for acne prone skin.It doesn’t matter what your skin type and severity of acne, you will find one product that can help you to get a faultless complexion and cure acne. After primers, you can feel free to apply a good BB cream for acne prone skin.
1. L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer
This product is the best makeup primer that also cures acne and reduces secretion of sebum. The presence of 1% of salicylic acid extracted from naturally occurring willow bark helps to reduce less than severe acne without drying.
Base Magique contains alpha-hydroxy acids which have exfoliating properties that strip dead cells on your skin and unclog pores. Only the best primer for acne has these acids.
It‘s formula that dissipates fine lines and large pores that gives way for a perfect makeup application. Also, it has vitamin C, F and E that soothes inflammation with blemishes and eases redness.
- It can be used at night
- Salicylic acid reduces mild acne
- Vitamins soothe aggravation
- Salicylic acid is minimum and is not effective in treating severe acne
- Product must be shaken well every time to avoid water consistency
- After 5-8 hours of application, it wears off
2. Lorac POREfection Mattifying Face Primer
The presence of botanical antioxidants make this a great choice for your skin. Aloe vera keeps the skin moisturized throughout the day. It also has salicylic acid and vitamins A, C, and E to give your skin the freshness boost it needs. This is one of the best mattifying primer in here.
It keeps the skin hydrated which prevents your face from appearing wrinkly after applying makeup. This formula makes your skin smooth and soft. This is a great face primer for oily skin.
- Does not give a greasy feel
- Lightweight and blends well
- Oil-free and the calms redness
- It contains parabens
- Takes a long time to dry
- Tinted versions provides less coverage
3. BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
It is one of the best choices for oily skin. It does not contain any harmful substances like parabens, phthalates or sulfates. This primer has minerals that also absorbs excess oil from your skin. Original Becca primer definitely helps your skin look great. This is one of the best primer for acne prone skin.
BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector has zinc oxide and titanium dioxide which protects your skin against sun damage. It has anti inflammatory properties that reduce redness.
The primer helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines from appearing on your face.
- It's lightweight and absorbs quickly
- Controls excess oil and shine
- Does not contain any fragrances or oils
- It lasts for up to 12 hours
- Leaves a residue that does not disappear even after applying foundation
- Need to learn how to use it effectively
4. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free
This the everyday go to moisturizer for many people around. It has a lot of beneficial ingredients and they combine to give you a gloss free appearance.
As a tinted moisturizer, this works great compared to the other in this round-up. The packaging is great, and you can store it without fear of leaking.
- Has long coverage, lasts 9-10 hours
- Evens out my skin tone
- Simple and classy package.
- It smells like a sunscreen
5. Bareminerals Blemish Remedy Mattifying Prep Gel
Filled with natural antioxidant, vitamins and plant extracts like licorice, said primer is suitable for every age category. The best primer for acne prone skin in this roundup has plant extracts.
BareMinerals has a combination of potent ingredients that fights problems like rough patches, excess oil, dryness or fine lines. It also provides a soft base for putting on makeup. This is the best primer for dry skin as well.
- Reduces the appearance of large pores
- Vitamins help to fight dry and flaky skin
- No added preservatives
- Prime time offers many other products which helps oily and sensitive skin
- Not heat resistant
- Wears off quickly compared to other brands
6. Murad Skin Perfecting Primer Acne Shine Control
It is a combination of many formulas that has anti-aging properties, sun protection, and acts as an excellent makeup primer.
The presence of mushroom peptides fights signs of aging by reinstituting the youthful elasticity and firmness which gives your skin a bright appearance.
Extracts like barley, sunflower and cucumber helps the skin from drying and retains moisture. It’s easy to apply makeup and also blurs pores and fine lines.
- Formulated by dermatologist
- Reduces the fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases tone and texture that enhances makeup application
- Non-bleached look with SPF 30 broad spectrum protection
- Presence of natural ingredients gives a woody scent that can be unpleasant to some
7. NYX Cosmetics Skin Elixer Balance Tea Tree Primer
This primer gives skin a radiant and youthful look. Peptide develops skin elasticity and other ingredients aid in retaining moisture that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Refreshes the skin and also fights acne to a certain extent. Tea tree oil present in the primer can give you great results against acne.
- Makes skin look fresh and soft
- Contains anti-aging properties
- Combo of tint and primer
- Tint choice is limited
- Must be shaken well before every use
- No SPF
8. Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer
It has an oil-free formula that spreads quickly and hydrates the skin. The gel creates a barrier between your skin and makeup that controls the secretion of excess oil. This is the best foundation primer in this review.
Laura contains green tea extract; vitamins A, C and E; and cucumber that calms irritated skin, reduces redness and gives a refreshing look.
- Tested by dermatologists
- Soothes redness and irritation
- Oil-free and also, hydrates skin
- Resistant to heat
- Takes longer to dry
- Smell is unpleasant
- Gives a greasy look to some skin types due to the high water content
9. Jouer Anti Blemish Matte Primer
This formula contains salicylic acid which works well for people with skin inflammations. This primer is suitable for those with sensitive skin and painful acne.
It also controls shine up to 16 hours and provides a smooth base for make-up. Considered as the best primer for oily skin.
- Lasts longer and absorbs quickly
- Paraben-free and hypoallergenic
- Recommended for oily skin types
- Can leave face oily if you use more
10. Benefit POREfessional Face Primer
It contains salicylic acid with has anti inflammatory vitamins like E and A. You can see the difference in your skin after each use.
Benefit POREfessional also gives makeup lastability.
- Contains ingredients that prevent and fight acne
- Is free from paraben, oil and fragrance
- Great on sensitive skin
- Soothes and reduction of redness
- It might block oily skin
- Salicylic acid presence is minimum and is not effective in treating severe acne
11. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
They make primers that are suitable for all occasions and types of makeup. It has won many awards from various publications. It covers skin well and looks great after application.
- Increases lastability of your makeup
- Doesn't have parabens or other harmful substances
- Might not be suitable for all skin types
- People with sensitive skin need to test it first
12. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
A really famous brand, they are also into making effective primers for the skin. It has ingredients which help maintain the health of the skin.
- It soothes irritable skin
- Offers only adequate sun protection
- Skin doesn’t feel as good
The primary aim is to find primers that suit your skin type. Though you suffer from acne, there are many solutions available to help reduce redness, calm the pain and improve your skin condition when wearing make-up. You can also use concealers that help acne prone skin after primer application.
These are all great products to start off with and will help you soothe your acne prone skin. If you are looking for the best primer for acne prone skin, then this article would definitely help narrow your choices down to the one that will suit your skin completely.